Phone (02) 8880 7655
Fax (02) 8880 7656

Foreign Investors Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What Languages does Fusion Realty cater for?

A: Our team currently provides services for Cantonese, English, Mandarin, and Tagalog, and Thai languages.

For Cantonese: +61 2 88807655 then when you hear the English voice prompts select 2 then 3 then 1

For Mandarin: +61 2 88807655 then when you hear the English voice prompts select 2 then 3 then 2

For Tagalog: +61 2 88807655 then when you hear the English voice prompts select 2 then 3 then 3

For Thai: +61 2 88807655 then when you hear the English voice prompts select 2 then 3 then 4

Q: Why choose Fusion Realty as your Real Estate Agent, to buy, to lease, and or to sell your Sydney Real Estate?

A: Here are but a few reasons:

  1. Independence; we are able to travel and operate throughout Sydney without restriction. We are not developers so we can give an unbiased opinion on area's and buildings to purchase in.
  2. Multicultural Team members; with cultural and language understanding.
  3. More than 10 years of experience working in the Sydney Real Estate market, servicing Expats and Foreign investors.
Q: How many real estate properties can I purchase from Fusion Realty?

A: There are no restrictions on the number of vacant and new properties or dwellings for redevelopment that you can buy as long as you have received a FIRB approval to buy.

Q: If I buy a property, will I need approval for Fusion Realty to sell it?

A: Provided you have complied with all conditions attached to your approval (for example developing vacant land) you do not require approval to sell the property.

If you have not met such conditions, you will require approval to sell the property.

Q: Can Fusion Realty rent out my property?

A: Yes Fusion Realty can lease your property for you, if you are a foreign investor with a new dwellings, or a dwellings built on vacant land and dwellings built as part of a redevelopment, can be rented. However, established (or second-hand) dwellings bought by temporary residents cannot be rented

Q: I'm a non-resident foreigner and my spouse is an Australian permanent resident. We are buying a house together, do I require approval?

A: Yes. Even though your spouse doesn't require approval, you still require approval.

Q: I have already bought residential real estate in Australia and did not obtain approval. What do I need to do now?

A: If you have already acquired an interest in residential real estate (for example, if you have entered an unconditional contract, or if the conditions have lapsed and your contract is now unconditional) and you required foreign investment approval, you may have breached the Foreign Acquisition and Takeover Act 1975

You may be able to obtain a 'retrospective consideration' of such a purchase, provided that the acquisition was not contrary to the national interest.

Important Notice/Disclaimer:
This website and webpage along with the frequently ask questions is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to provide commercial, financial, investment, accounting, tax or legal advice. It is provided to you for your own personal use. The information provided is of a general nature only and has not taken into account your specific objectives, needs and financial situation. The information may not be appropriate to your individual needs and you should seek advice from your financial adviser before making any financial decisions.